What is Islamic Medicine? Is it medical knowledge that is completely subject to the will of Allah, The Exalted, or is it the art of treatment adopted and followed by Muslims when the Muslims were at the peak of their development? Or is it the modern medicine, guided by divine teachings and completely in accordance with them?
On the basis of Islamic teachings in the light of the Quran and Sunnah, this book devises the following six basic categories for Islamic medicine:
• Adhering to Islamic teachings and etiquette.
• Adhering to logic in practicing medicine.
• Holistic approach, paying equal attention to the body, mind and soul for individuals as well as societies.
• Universal approach, taking into account all resources and aiming to benefit all people.
• Scientific approach, base on logical conclusions drawn from sound observations, accurate statistics and trustworthy experience.
• Excellence achieving what other kinds of treatment has failed to achieve.
Forfatter: Yusuf Al-Hajj Ahmad
Ugiver: Darussalam (2010)