Know! Dear Muslim brothers and sisters. We can find out whether we fear Allah or are oblivious to him through some simple tests. Here are some of them:
- The tongue informs us: if we talk evil, backbite and engage in frivolous gossip, it shows that there is very little concern. We should engage our tongues in the remembrance of Allah, in the recitation of the Qur’an and in circles of knowledge.
- In the heart we should expel hatred, enmity, and jealousy and replace them with well-wishing and care for Muslims.
- We should be careful of what we put in our stomachs.
- Our eyes should not wander off to look at haraam objects.
- Our feet should not walk toward haraam places.
- We should not extend our hands for haraam purposes.
- We should be concerned in our good deeds that we don’t perform them for anyone else except Allah.
Forfattere: Imam Ghazali, Imam Ibn Qayyim og Ibn Rajab Hanbali
Udgiver: Al-Firdous Ltd. (1995)