About The Book
Our children are the greatest assets that Allah has entrusted us with. We owe it to Allah and to our children, therefore, to invest our time and efforts into being the best parents we can be. Cherishing Childhood is a parent-to-parent handbook that outlines how to tackle the challenges (and reap the rewards) of parenting children from birth to pre-adolescence within an Islamic ethos in a pluralist society.
- The concept of Positive Parenting;
- How to welcome a child into the world;
- The unique nature of a toddler and how to manage the most common issues in the pre-school years;
- Matters to consider when choosing a primary school;
- How to support your child through primary school;
- Creating the most nurturing home environment for children to flourish in;
- Guidelines for discipline and dealing with difficult behavior;
- Tips on how to build a Muslim character.
About The Author
Dr. Muhammad Abdul Bari is an educationalist and community activist holding a PhD and PGCE from King’s College London and a Management degree from the Open University. He has worked as an Air Force Officer, researcher in physics, science teacher and a behavior support teacher.
He was Secretary General of the Muslim Council of Britain (2006-10), Chairman of the East London Mosque Trust (2002-13) and a board member of the London Olympics and Paralympics Organizing Committee (2006-13). He writes on community and social issues and has authored several books on Muslim family, parenting and identity.
He is the founder of Amana Parenting and Head2Heart (a socio-political forum). He is married with four children.
Forfatter: Dr. Muhammad Abdul Bari
Udgiver: Ta-Ha Publishers Ltd. (1998)